PLANET Group International (PGI), was established in 2015 to further strengthen PLANET’s dynamic presence. PGI builds on the strong international presence and long-standing successful experience of PLANET GROUP in supporting public and private organisations to strengthen institutional capacity, implement operations improvement and manage complex projects.
PLANET S.A., the basic company of PLANET GROUP, is privately owned, having as shareholders its top management and the National Bank of Greece, further strengthening the company’s leading profile and prospects. Since 1987 PLANET has been present in most major interventions, transformations and infrastructure investments supporting clients across all sectors of the economy and the public sector.
For more than one decade, PLANET has been actively involved in Cyprus, undertaking major Projects.
Indicative Projects in the area of Management & ICT Consulting are:
– Technical Assistance to determine National Interoperability Framework and the Standards of the Department of Information Technology Services (DITS).
-Revision of the Cyprus Government Information Systems Strategy for achieving the 2020 objectives for productivity and growth in alignment with EU policies and directives.
-Upgrading the Management Information System (MIS) used for the management of Programmes co- financed from the Structural Funds, the Cohesion Fund and the Maritime & Fisheries Fund.
– Defining alternative strategies for the development of an electronic Public Procurement System.
-Consultancy services for the reorganization of the Public Administration and Personnel Department of Cyprus
-Technical Assistance for the procurement of an Enterprise Resource Planning System of Cyprus.
-Supporting implementation and management of the Health Information System of the Lefkosia New General Hospital.
-Strengthening the administrative capacity of the Cyprus Ports Authority.
Indicative projects in the fields of Infrastructure and Development Consulting Services are:
Technical assistance services have been provided for:
– preparation, study, contract award and supervision of the quay construction of Lemesos Port.
– project management of the countryside tourism promotion plan of the Tourism Organisation of Cyprus.
– project management of the Community Initiative EQUAL (2005-2008) in Cyprus.
– the compilation and submission of the Tender Dossier for the infrastructure of Larnaka’s Airport Gas Station.
– the project implementation of the co-funded Programme of the European Social Fund in Cyprus.
Indicative project in the fields of training is:
– Provision of training to Cypriot Public Authorities in order to strengthen capacity in adopting EU Public Procurement laws and Practices.