Regional Administration plays an important role in improving the living standards of citizens, which is reflected in the wide range of its jurisdiction and responsibilities and includes the development of infrastructure and provision of services such as water, sanitation, transport infrastructure, public spaces, healthcare services, educational services, etc. Additionally, it has a key role on issues related to spatial planning, environmental protection, employment, disaster prevention. Good local governance is crucial to democratic participation, political dialogue, social cohesion and achieving economic benefits that can improve the quality of citizens’ life. The economic, political and social conditions that have been changing at European and global level lead to the alteration of Regional Administration role, which should be more effective and more efficient.
Regional Administration acquires multiple responsibilities and there is the opportunity to undertake significant developmental initiatives and operations, exceeding its traditional and supervisory role, while it is required to provide more adding-value services and possess increased know-how.
Developing partnerships with the private sector and the social and economic actors, but also between the same local government bodies for the effective planning and implementation of programmes and projects, constitutes one of the key points to achieve regional/local development and social prosperity.
Taking into account the changes of the reforms in Regional Administration, the prevailing socio-economic conditions, the opportunities and requirements of the new programming period and the current needs of regional and local governments, PGI has the readiness to provide a wide portfolio of services covering the entire range of Regional Administration operation.
Our service portfolio in the specific sector includes services from all service lines of the company, which can be grouped in the following categories:
- Strategic – Business Planning
- Local development programs
- Organizational Restructuring and Operational Reengineering
- Human Resources Management
- Identification of funding resources for the development of Local Authorities deriving from National and European development programs
- Design and management of Public-Private Partnerships (PPP) projects
- Utilization of new financial instruments (JESSICA, ELENA, Green Fund, etc.)
- Design and implementation of sustainable urban development programs
- Development of Social Economy and Social Entrepreneurship
- Utilization of new technologies
- Integrated water resources management
- Energy saving and facilities introducing RES systems
- Integrated waste management
- Utilization of real estate and other high value-added assets.
- Creation of initiatives in the primary sector and food industry to assist local economies